Do you create training videos for your employees and staff? Have you ever thought about how you could use video to help your staff understand a difficult concept or to be informed about something in your company?Using animated video to create training videos may be just what you need to create the best informational and explainer videos for your staff. In this post, we will look at various ways to create training videos for employees and how you can do this with the least amount of hassle and time.
The Benefits of Animation
First, let’s look at some statistics on animated video. Animations are the most popular type of video that you can create, and they tend to capture the attention of your audience (in this case, your staff), better than any other form of media.
Statistics on Animation (Updated for 2017)
One interesting statistic is that 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week. (Insivia.com)
In addition to this stat, an updated stat indicates that 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video. Also, four out of five consumers would rather see a video on a subject than to read about it.
With these stats in mind, it should be obvious as to why animated video is the most effective way that you have to inform people about an important topic or to promote an idea.
How to Create a Training Video
When creating a training video, there are some basic ideas you should keep in mind to produce a video of the best quality for training purposes.
1. Establish your purpose.– One important aspect of creating explainer videos for any reason is to establish the purpose of your message. With a training video, your purpose will likely be to educate your staff about a technique that they need to learn to do their jobs well or information about a product or service that you provide to customers. Whatever the case, outline your purpose and keep that in mind when you create your video.
2. Write your script.– The script is at the heart of your video even before you begin the process of creating the animations. Think about your goal and purpose of the video as you write the script and create the strong dialogue that carries out your goal. The best scripts focus on dialogue while using props and scenes to enforce the message and increase engagement.
3. Create captivating characters.– Creating dynamic characters that captivate your audience are one of the most important things that you need to do to take your storyline forward. The characters can address your staff (audience) directly and act as a type of instructor on specific tasks. In fact, this is a great way to do it when you are trying to get the point across or teach a specific skill to your staff.
4. Use video editing software.– The efficient use of video editing software helps pull everything together in a professional way that appeals to both customers and staff for your training videos. Editing is where most of the production happens so pay attention to this step and use any resources you can to improve upon it.
5. Focus on your soundtrack.– The audio track is one of the most important aspects of your video, no matter what the purpose is. So make sure your audio is created in a way that will engage your audience. If using it for training, you will probably want to have audio for your main character who will speak to the viewer throughout the presentation in addition to some other interactions with other characters when appropriate. Also, you should use music and sound effects to create more interest in your video and get them excited about your message.
How to Make Your Video Great
The above steps will help you get started on your animated video and help you create a training video that will increase your audience retention and engagement. But how do you make your video great? First, you have to know what appeals to your audience. What motivates your staff or sales team? What is important to them?
The basic principles of good video animation creation should drive how you put your videos together but knowing your audience and their views should drive the way you do it. Make power statements like, “Increase your pay by following these important company principles,” or “Move up the ladder faster by selling more products.” These things will motivate your staff to work harder and try to apply the concepts in your video. Of course, you need to have something in place to carry out on any promises you make in this way.
Alternately, you can use upbeat music and other techniques to increase the level of energy in your videos to get your staff excited about the concepts you are talking about.
Do surveys to isolate training needs.
Another very good idea when developing training videos is to conduct surveys among your staff to see what they consider as their greatest training and staff development needs. Including your staff in this process can do a long way toward increasing the level of interest and engagement among your staff.
Make it fun!
If you make the videos fun and entertaining, you are going to keep their attention longer. Let’s face it: we know that training and staff development videos and presentations are needed. They help improve the level of knowledge among staff and sales people, enhance communication between staff members, and increase productivity.
But the way you present this information is much more important than the information itself when dealing with your employees. Animated video can increase this level of enthusiasm and get them energized about the concepts.
Another tip you can try when presenting an animated video in front of a large group is to have your staff divide into separate groups and then go to other team members in other groups to discuss what they learned. This can be an effective way to process what they learned and to share with others.
In addition to sharing ideas about your animated video in large group settings, you can also have people share the videos online on social media and other locations if it is something that you don’t mind sharing. If you want the training videos to be private among your staff, consider creating a new Facebook group that is closed to anyone but your staff.
At animatedvideo.com, we understand the importance of creating excellent training videos for your staff and employees. We can create any type of video that you need using either animated characters (2D animation), 3D animation, whiteboard animation, and other means.
Just check out our portfolio and you will see what we have done for some of our clients in the past.
Then contact us, and we will give you a free quote. For excellent, entertaining training videos that will increase your staff involvement and help you move forward with your business goals.
3 8 1