Last Updated on April 13, 2022
If you want to increase your audience for your brand, one of the best things you can do is to use social media to boost your message. With an excellent video that has a strong call to action, you can increase your viewership over 100% just by placing your video on Twitter and Facebook. Twitter is a unique way to advertise because it involves creating shorter messages that lead the viewer to some action. It includes video and other media that capture your audience’s attention using twitter audience manager available on the Twitter platform. In this post, we will discuss how to create effective twitter ads for business to reach your target audience.
How to create a twitter ad campaign?
First, if you do not have a Twitter account, get one now. You are not allowed to post to the Twitter platform without an account. Once you have an account, you can start getting followers and making “tweets.” Tweets are short posts that are limited to 140 characters. Some people don’t like the limitations on the amount of text that you can put in the ad, but the beauty of this is that you can give your viewers just enough to whet their appetite for more.
Strategies for targeting twitter
Remember how your grandmother always said, “Less is more?” Usually, this applies to the dating world and how it’s possible to do too much. The key to inciting interest in others in both the dating world and the business world is to give them just enough to get them interested in you without overwhelming them.
With the Twitter platform, you are limited to 140 characters, so each word has to be important!
That being said, creating an ad on Twitter allows you to expand your Twitter reach to include users who are looking for video content or whose search matches your products and services. Creating a video for display on the Twitter platform involves going through the Twitter Creatives page and uploading a video that you will advertise on the Twitter video ads platform. This gives you more reach than you can usually get with Twitter by doing posts on your free account.
In addition to reaching your followers on your free Twitter account, you can pay for Twitter ads that will reach thousands of more people that can be found outside of the Twitter platform through search results. You can upload mp4 videos, gifs, or business cards that all can be created through the Creatives tab on the Twitter platform.
Twitter Video Ad Specs: Guide to twitter advertising
Before you start creating content for the Twitter platform, you need to know the specifications that they require to upload content. Below are the most important specifications that you should keep in mind:
- Video format– The video formats that Twitter video ads platform allows are: MOV (Quicktime movie format) and mp4 format. Mp4 is the best quality for most purposes and is easily viewable on most mobile devices. For best quality, use mp4 unless there is a reason you want to use the MOV format.
- File size-The file size is limited to under 1GB so make sure to keep your file size in this range to avoid having trouble uploading files.
- Time– The maximum time that you should allow for your video is 2 minutes and 20 seconds. Try to trim down and edit to around 2 minutes and 15 seconds to avoid having anything cut off inadvertently. If you want to increase the amount of time you can use for a video on Twitter, you can contact them about your account and have it increased up to 10 minutes. There may be premium charges that apply to use more than the initial 2 minutes and 20 seconds or the full 10 minutes.
- Video codec– The video codec that is required for video Twitter ads is H.264 high definition with a 4:2:0 color space ratio. If you don’t understand what this means, contact Twitter ads creatives technical support to learn more.
- Bitrate– The bitrate for video is 6 kbps for 1080p and 5kbps for 720p. Remember that, as a basic rule, the higher the resolution, the higher the bit rate must be to maintain quality. In other words, you need the video be uploaded fast so that it does not lose any quality at the upload end.
- Lower frame rate– Lower frame rates are acceptable but you should record your initial video in as high a framerate as possible for highest quality. The best frame rate for true video with HD or standard digital format is 29.97fps to 30 fps. Digital video standard is 29.97fps, and HD frame rate is around 30 for video and 24fps for film standards.
- Audio codec– The audio codec should be AAC-LC (Low complexity) in stereo quality for Twitter ads.
If all of these technical specifications seem confusing, that’s okay. There are plenty of resources available out there to help you understand how to create video and audio that follows the specifications that are required on the Twitter platform.
How to Advertise Your Twitter Video Content
Once you have a video add on Twitter, you will want to think about how to increase your reach with your Twitter ads. One way you can do this is to cross-promote your videos on other social media sites. By placing your Twitter link on your Facebook page and your website, more people will be able to find it.
Creating video for the YouTube platform is also a great idea if you want to increase your audience size on the Twitter platform. Linking out to your YouTube channel from your Twitter feed is a great way to get more views.
Using great descriptive keywords on your videos within the YouTube platform will also help you to promote your video content on other platforms and different locations on the internet.
Start with a great video
The best way to ensure that your video will be successful on any platform is that you start with a great video. Creating a video doesn’t have to be complicated, but you need a few production tools and editing skills to make it great.
If you would rather not deal with this process yourself, you can do an animated video such as a whiteboard video or a character animation that will reach thousands of people on any platform you put it on. If you would like to hire a professional team to do this, contact us.
We are animatedvideo.com, and we offer a variety of different types of animation tools to make your video everything you want it to be.
Check out our online portfolio and let us know how we can help. We love creating an original creative video for businesses who want to make their impact on the world. We also understand the technical aspects of the Twitter platform and how you can use Twitter ads to target your customers.
Go to animatedvideo.com to find out how we can help you get your brand out to your target audience using the power of social media.