Last Updated on April 13, 2022
How are you doing lately with getting customers to refer others to your brand? This usually happens within social media. You may have social media share buttons on your website. If so, good for you, that’s an exquisite idea and using social media outlets to increase your level of sharing is a good way to get more shares and referrals.
There are many creative ways to get referrals like to offer some incentive for sharing your ads or links to your website, encouraging shares on YouTube, and asking subscribers to share your email newsletter that you send out.
All referral ideas for business have their merit, but if you want to increase your level of sharing, focus on the one factor that influences sharing more than anything else: video.
The Stats Speak for Themselves
This infographic about video marketing featured on Hubspot.com tells all. If you look through the various statistics, you will notice some interesting facts about video marketing.
Animated video for referral programs for email increases click-through rates by 200-300%
Imagine doing one thing that produces such a big result. It has been said that only 20% of what you do produces 80% of your result. Perhaps this is one of the best examples of this fact. If you include a link to a video in your email that you would normally send with text-only, but it increased your click through rate by that much, would it be worth the extra time it took you to create the video and place a link in your email? You bet!
Including a video on your landing page may increase your conversion rate by 80%
The Hubspot infographic also mentions this amazing statistic within their post on video marketing. Think about this fact! Anything that increases your conversion rate by this much has to be investigated. Even if it increased it by half that much, it would be worth the time it took to create a video for your landing page.
After watching animated videos for businesses, 64% of users made a purchase
This one has been around for awhile, but it bears repeating. Almost 65% of users who saw a video made a purchase immediately or soon after viewing the video. This statistic included mobile users, as well. When you appeal to mobile and traditional desktop users and create such an increase in your conversion rate and customer purchases, you are definitely on the right track!
Up to 92% of mobile users shared animated marketing videos with others
Wow! What does this statistic tell you? Let’s break it apart and analyze what it means to us as marketers and business owners. It says that 92% of mobile users shared the video with others. So this not only addresses the importance of getting customers to share more but also the significance of appealing to mobile users.
To understand just how important mobile marketing is quickly becoming, be sure to check out our mobile marketing stats infographic.
How to Apply the Stats to Your Business and Get More Shares
So if you are trying to get more people to share and refer your brand, what should we glean from this information?
- If you have an animated video, you are going to be more likely to engage and increase the interest of your target audience.
- If you put the animated video on your landing page, you are likely going to increase your conversion rate by up to 80%.
- If you include a video in your email marketing campaigns, you will increase your click through rate by 200-300%.
- If you make your animated videos mobile-friendly, you are increasing the mobile user engagement to your brand as well as increasing the likelihood of shares from these mobile users.
In other words, when you create an animated video, you are setting up a sales funnel and an advertising strategy that cannot lose! By creating engaging content that people respond to, act on, and share, you are creating a “cash cow” of passive income that will keep giving back time and time again.
Highly successful online affiliate marketers can testify to this fact. The hard work is on the front end. They may spend weeks, months, or even years figuring out what it takes to increase their internet traffic, the level of engagement, and conversions. But once they figure it out, it makes them money over and over again without having to do anything else.
The same principle could be applied to your video marketing campaigns. By using these statistics to your online video marketing campaign strategies, you will create a system that should prove to be lucrative for your brand over and over again.
By getting customers more engaged and interested in your brand, they are going to be more likely to share with others and make referrals on their social media accounts as well. And that’s good news for your business.
The Power of Social Media
Let’s not forget how powerful social media is. If you have only five people share your video on social media, remember that this make increase exponentially very fast. Let’s say each of the people that they share with have 500 friends on Facebook. When those five people share with their 500 people as well, you now have a potential audience of 2,500. This will continue exponentially as those people share, and so on.
We know that this won’t happen every time. Perhaps the sharing will break down at some point. But you still have the potential of grabbing more viewers to your video message when you just started out with one. That’s amazing! And it’s all done with a video.
The reason this happens is that video is the favorite thing to share with viewers and visitors to websites. People share a video for some reasons.
- Social value– Creating a video that has strong social value adds to the likelihood that it will be shared with others. For example, include a segment that addresses some important sociological statement or needs like the need to help others or preserving the environment.
- Humor– Do you have an idea for a funny video? Funny videos are popular with many people who want to laugh or take their mind off their problems.Just a short but funny animation can make them want to share with others.
- Connecting to others– For many people, sharing video is a chance to connect with others and to create a bond. When you give them something interesting to share that they like, they will want to show others.
- Education– Many people watch videos to get informed and to learn something they didn’t know. Providing something educational with your message with help people gain valuable information and they will want to share it with their friends and businesses associates.
- Money opportunities– If you have an idea connected to your brand that will help people make more money or become more prosperous, make sure and include this. Corporate executives like watching animated videos that help them come up with ideas to save them time and help them make more money.
First things first
Okay, so we’ve established that you need a video. You know that it is one of the most important factors in your online ad strategy. But first, you need a great video, right?
We’ve got you covered. See our portfolio of great animations and then contact us with your ideas. We can help you increase your share factor and promote your business in 2017 with animated videos that people won’t want to keep to themselves.
Visit us online at animatedvideo.com. And don’t forget to share our link with others!