Do you use virtual reality in your marketing strategies? It’s still a new concept, and many business owners feel that it is too “out there” to employ a serious ad campaign based on this innovative technology. However, it is the future, so it pays to know something about it. Having great branding and online videos are some of the most important things you can do to promote your brand. In this post, we’ll look at virtual reality, what it is, and how it may revolutionize an entire marketing industry in the near future. Read on to find out future of virtual reality and how it will change the marketing world.
What is virtual reality?
Virtual reality is a technology that is based on a 3D system and a computer-generated simulated environment that can be explored and interacted with by a person. Once the individual goes into the virtual environment, they can interact with the system in a real way that gives them the illusion of actually being there.
They can manipulate objects and interact with the system to find information, shop, or perform tasks that would be impossible in the real world.
Some refer to this technology as a “simulation.” However, a simulation is an isolated experience that is specific to one instance. Virtual reality, itself, is the technology and computer system that allows the simulation to occur.
What is Augmented Reality Marketing?
Augmented Reality(AR) technology is quickly gaining popularity. This latest technical innovation adds layers of computer generated enhancement on top of existing virtual reality to make to look more meaningful and realistic, giving users an ability to interact with it. AR is used to pop out 3D emails, photos and even text messages on mobile devices. Augmented Reality is all set to revolutionize the marketing world.
Where is virtual reality used now?
Virtual reality has been used in some different fields of industry in the past including:
- Space exploration
- The Arts and Entertainment
These are just a few of the fields that VR has touched so far. Google Glass was an invention which attempted to use VR to a greater degree and make the technology available to a wider audience. While Google Glass was not as successful as Google had hoped it would be, it may have set the ball rolling toward the invention of other similar objects and devices that promise to take the future of virtual marketing to new levels.
The Essence of the Human-Machine Interface
When we talk about virtual reality, what we are discussing on a higher level is the human-machine interface. The ability to enter the computer world and be a part of the digital environment is a revolutionary act. There have been other ways that humans interacted with computers in the past such as virtual chatbots, simulated military operations, and interactive voices and characters, but never before have we had so many different ways to live, interact, and perform in the virtual environment.
The Future of virtual and augmented reality in marketing
No one knows the future exactly. But we can see a trend toward using virtual reality on a higher level shortly. The list below is a rundown of what most experts think we will see in augmented reality marketing strategy in the near future.
1. Virtual assistance enhanced– Online chatbots will be even more helpful and integrated within the entire online eCommerce shopping experience in the near future. With VR components that will aid in the immersive shopping experience, virtual reality will be more customer-friendly, high-tech, and effective in finding the customer what they want.
This may increase the level of conversions for eCommerce businesses in the future because the experience is so immersive that the customer is more likely to purchase.
2. Shopping with VR glasses– the Future computer and internet platforms will embrace the virtual reality experience and the use of external optics and add-ons such as the virtual reality glasses and many other technologies that have yet to be invented.
3. Developing content for VR users– With the increased level of VR use that is set to come down the road in the future, advertisers and business owners will need to improve their content that will be appropriate for virtual reality users. Some content will stay the same, but the interactive components such as finding items in your store, making lists, communicating with others on the platform, and similar tasks will need to be developed in a way that will work with the virtual platform.
4. A Greater level of immersion– One of the advantages that most business owners see regarding virtual reality is the potential for a higher level of immersion in their content. Immersion is the act of becoming more involved and engaged in the content that users see or interact with. When they are actually in the environment itself and interacting with people and things within that environment, they are more likely to become immersed in the experience.
This will usually lead to more actions that customers will perform, including an increase in conversions.
5. More 3D content– There will be a need for more 3D content since this is the format that virtual reality thrives in. Content creators and business site owners will have to be aware of how to interact with and present material for online users in a world that is based on digital reality.
6. New VR standard being developed– You will see new standards being created regarding the concepts and application of virtual reality in the future to fit the growing need for adaptation to the new technology.
What will stay the same?
Despite all of the potential of virtual reality, there are still some things that will stay the same. The way that you present your brand and create a web presence that presents your brand in a positive light will still be needed. You’ll still need blogs, websites, articles, and media to promote your ideas online and gain attention for your brand.
The methods may change. But the content will still be a necessary component of reaching customers in a personal way. Virtual reality is a great tool, but it is not something that your customers will always be on or will use all of the time. While there are some who believe this, it will likely not happen since people have a limit to how much they want to immerse themselves in this fascinating but “unreal” environment.
The human experience and human connection are what people most value. So, whether you plan to jump on the VR train or not as a business owner, one thing is for sure. You need a great logo. Your logo represents your brand whether you are in a virtual environment or not.
If you need help with your logo, contact us at logodesignteam.com. We have years of experience in helping online businesses reach their target audience with a great logo. Rest assured that, no matter what the future holds with virtual reality technology, your logo is one of the most valuable digital assets you have.
In the virtual environment and the digital environment, online and offline, your branding and online video represents your brand to the world. Let us know how we can help by contacting us or filling out a contact form on our site.