Last Updated on April 13, 2022
Content is the king, and proper content marketing strategy can really make you a winner. Whenever consulting on marketing the first thing we hear is content. But can we really draw the distinction easily while talking about characteristics and features of content? Indeed we can. There are notably two types of content- Shareable content & Linkable content.
It might sound a bit tricky initially. One may think- isn’t it just natural that shareable content will be linkable and vice versa? Though it sounds pretty obvious, in reality, it doesn’t work out like that all the time. Let’s ponder on the characteristics which make them different.
Why is shareable content important?
It might sound a bit tricky initially. One may think- isn’t it just natural that shareable content will be linkable and vice versa? Though it sounds pretty obvious, in reality, it doesn’t work out like that all the time.
So, what is shareable content?
- Linkable content is prepared after detailed research. As per the purpose, it can be of quick information and entertainment to some. Most of the times content marketing plans have a serious and detailed approach.
- Linkable content is most often created by a person who is hardworking, updated and well educated about a certain topic. Though it does not always trigger user interaction, but as a link, it can sit within many posts and other content as a reference. Being very informative it never loses its value and any share of the content or post it is mentioned in, makes it shareable as well.
- It caters to a particular interest of audiences and being very well researched, stays intact for many years.
- Generally, content marketing examples such as case studies, websites, tutorials, podcasts, demonstrations, eBooks, resource guides and even infographics can be considered as linkable contents.
- Shareable content is run through in more quick manner and makes interaction happening from the part of the audiences such as – likes, shares, emoji reactions, tags, hearts, mentions, re-pin re-tweets, and reposts.
- The major characteristics of shareable content are being brilliant, entertaining, obligating, encouraging, swank and highly engaging. Generally, it comes across with what audiences know or would want to explore more about.
- It creates a platform by which they can discuss and join the particular community,
- Generally, content such Memes, quotes, quiz, short snippets, pop culture articles, short videos, recipes, listicles can be considered as shareable content. There is plenty of visuals in the content and offer comfortably easy readability. This sort of content also engages user’s attention with great to hear headlines.
- Platforms like Buzzfeed, Cracked.com, Reddit, Tumblr, etc. have many examples of shareable contents.
Content marketing tips: Using both would be wise:
The importance of both totally depends on your brand and your nature of business. In your case, one might be more important than the other, and for someone else’s business, it can be opposite. But without any doubt, a great mix-up of both can do wonders for your digital marketing approach.
Quite clearly the shareable content support and strengthens your brand engagement that brings you in the same picture as the users by being among users. You can trigger shares and engagement up to right level that would mean excellent exposure and more publicity for your brand.
When you create linkable content, you show your authority and knowledge as a reference with other topics. With time your content will spread through links and an active, high quality link profile takes you up as per the Google standard.
Both shareable and linkable content stands for brand development and SEO. Considering the effect, it is important to combine these two keeping the proper balance, when planning for your content marketing strategy.
We produce all sort of engaging contents for businesses. Just let us know what you need, and we will be happy to help.
Also, be sure to check out our many services available on our site.
It is true that certainty of success comes from working with a partner you trust to provide the insight, support, and expertise that will propel your business forward. Experience the AnimatedVideo.com advantage. Share your dream with us. Sit back, relax and watch how we turn that into reality.