So you’ve decided to create a video ad on YouTube? Congratulations! As you may or may not know, creating a video advertise on youtube is one of the best things you can do to get your brand out in front of the people who are interested in what you have to offer. Animated video is even more popular since people tend to engage more with this type of video when looking for content.
But creating a video ad campaign on YouTube also involves monetizing your videos so that you are incorporating the Google Adsense engine into your content and making money on your videos. How should you get started? In this post, we’ll look at the necessary steps of creating a YouTube ad campaign and how to monetize this to make you the most money possible.
Steps to create YouTube video Ad Campaign
The following steps are what you should do to get started with your first YouTube video ad campaign. Once you have done these steps, you should also monitor the results of your campaign within Google Analytics and YouTube’s analytics engine to see how your campaign is doing.
1. Create your video content.– Everything starts with a great video so you should focus on just creating great content first. Brainstorm ideas and think about what is most important to put in your message. You will want to consider the different types of video such as “live action,” animation, or motion graphics. Whiteboard animation is a unique type of video that is effective in many contexts. You can see samples of various types of video on our portfolio page.
2. Upload your video to YouTube.– Once you have created your video, you will need to upload it to your YouTube channel. Create youtube channel before you can upload content. Drag and drop your video from your computer hard drive onto the upload space or click the upload window and find the file on your computer and upload. It will take a few minutes to upload and process your content and get it ready for publishing. While you are waiting for the upload to complete, this is a good time to write your title and description. When adding videos to YouTube and writing your headlines and descriptions, keep in mind that there are ways to organically rank YouTube videos, but if you don’t have the time for that, setting up a paid campaign is the next best thing.
3. Write a good description and title that will interest searchers.– Your video description is important because it will pick up keywords in the searches that people do when looking for your content. Use important keywords but don’t overdo it. Keyword stuffing will get your video lowered in the results. Just use the keywords sparingly but use them at least once in the title, once in the first line of the video description, and once in the meta tags (keywords) at the bottom of the video description. All of these things will work together to produce the best results for your content.
4. Spruce up your video channel.– Remember that, once you get people to come to your YouTube channel, you will want to make your channel attractive so that people will want to come back. Posting regular content is the only way to make a lasting impact on your target audience with your videos. So plan to create regular content and spruce up your video channel so that it will drive more traffic as people eagerly await your next video.
5. Monetize your videos. (Must apply first time through YouTube)- Now that you have your video uploaded and your keywords inserted with a great video description, you’ll want to monetize your videos. If you have never monetized a video before, you will need to go through the process of registering to monetize your videos. Please note that YouTube now has a requirement of receiving 10,000 views on your videos before you can monetize your video content. This is an inconvenience to new channels, but it’s just a hoop you will have to jump through if you want to make money on your video content.
6. Promote your video on multiple channels including social media, blogs, email, and other locations.– Once you get your video created, you’ll want to figure out a way to get more views. The more traffic and views you have, the more potential revenue you’ll get from your video content. You may think that getting a few cents per click on your video content is not much, but it all adds up over time and it can add up to a sizable passive income if you play your cards right.
How to Promote Your Finished Videos
Promote your videos by pasting your video URL on your Facebook page, blog, website, and anywhere else that will get your attention. To take this even further, you can integrate your YouTube video links to your Facebook and Twitter video ads, customized or native ads, and any other type of advertising that you want to do.
Remember that you will want to promote your monetized videos even more since it will mean more potential revenue for you with increased views and traffic.
You may wonder why video is so important. Any media is an important digital asset. There’s no doubt that podcasting, infographics, photos, and blog entries can all add to the overall response rate and conversion rate of your brand and products. But a video is special because it appeals to people more often than other types of media. There are even some psychological studies that show whiteboard animations increase the attention span of many viewers.
People respond to the video at a much higher level than most other types of content. Over 65% of people who are shopping online purchase a product after seeing the video on the product. That’s because people are highly visual in the way we take in information and they enjoy seeing content that is visually compelling and fun to watch.
Animated videos for business increases the level of engagement on your website and YouTube channel and gets more people interested in your brand. It is both informative and entertaining. It also helps you increase your credibility with your target audience and gets them asking questions about what you do. All of these things together can make a serious impact on your efforts to promote your content in front of your target audience that you want to draw to your site.
Animated Video Stats
Animated video has proven to be one of the best kinds of video content if you want to increase your level of engagement and provide content that people will come back for. The above video uses motion graphics combined with text and information that illustrates why animations are so popular.
Well, there you have it. We hope these steps on monetizing your videos will help you to make a good passive side income for your content while building your brand. YouTube is run by Google, so you’ll see that the process of running ads is similar to Google Adsense. Viewers will see ads either on the bottom of your videos as they run, at the beginning before the content, or in a separate horizontal box while the video is running.
Keep this post so you’ll know the steps of how to start a video ad campaign and contact us to have a professionally animated video created for your ad campaigns. Whether you are just running other people’s ads for a passive income or you want to create your original ads, let’s start with a great video. Contact us at animatedvideo.com to learn more.