Last Updated on April 13, 2022
We’re already passed two months in 2018 and it’s high time to know the Video Marketing Statistics for a better business prospect. Getting to know the stats will enable us to plan our video marketing strategy in a more systematic way. Here we’ve compiled a list of the statistics from extensive online research to give you a more clear idea of how video marketing will play a significant role in the world of online marketing today.
By now you know that video marketing has emerged as one of the best digital marketing tools to inform the target client about your brand. Video has become your ideal and crucial marketing tool for client communication on all levels of business.
Regardless of all these knowledge, you might wonder whether it’s worth investing in video marketing or not? But the moment you realize the benefits of video marketing statistics, you’ll also appreciate the requirement of using videos to engage your target audience.
Hubspot published in its ‘State of Video Marketing Survey‘ which suggest that 2018 will be another big year for both marketers and consumers. The statistics are based on a report published by surveying 570 unique respondents in December 2017. The respondents were a mix of both marketing professionals and online consumers.
However, before we view the list of online video stats, let’s find out about the recent video marketing trends.
Although, the most common form of video marketing is explainer video (short video explaining your products or services), yet of late, various types of videos have hit the market. To name a few, there are: Vlogs or video blogs, presentations videos,video interviews, tutorial videos, video Ads, product videos, video testimonials.
All video types have their significance and enable a marketer to complete marketing more competitively.
Overview – Video Marketing Statistics
1. Video usage is on the rise: more and more companies are adding video marketing strategy
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool (the number reported in 2017 survey).
- 65% of those who don’t currently use video, plans to start in 2018.
2. Consumers prefer videos to find out about a product or service
As reported buyers prefer to watch video content, online streaming services and beyond. According to a survey on a typical day, respondents specifically watch the video around 1.5 hours. Meanwhile, 15% reported watching more than 3 hours of video on an average day.
Consumers survey show that:
- 95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a brand in 2017.
- 81% of consumers were convinced to buy a product or service by attending a brand’s video.
- 85% of people say they’d like to see more video from brands in 2018.
3. Marketers rely on video as it is the best tool to develop business performance
A video is often cited as a tool that helps to drive various areas of business performance:
- 97% of marketers confirm that video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 76% marketers are of the view that it enabled them to increase sales.
- 80% say the video has raised dwell time on their website.
- 76% say it helped them improve traffic.
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide consider video marketing to earn the best ROI.
4. Social Media Sharing in 2018
Social platforms would see an incredible rise in video sharing. Platforms like Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc. will see an increase in allocation of interactive videos. However according to reports and surveys, surprisingly LinkedIn is anticipated to experience a video revolution in the current year.
Reports state that currently 38% of marketers share video content on LinkedIn and now 55% business owners said that they would continue or start to share videos in this professional social network very recently in 2018.
Unfortunately, there’s a twist in the Snapchat video-sharing phenomenon. Although this social platform was the best channel to share videos in the past years, of late, it has encountered floundering results. Hence, losing the game Snapchat will not have a very prominent position this year.
Let’s take a quick look at the social media Video marketing statistics more explicitly:
- According to stats presented by Responsive Bound Marketing, Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images.
- YouTube reports having over a billion users.
- Google reports 2/3 of users watch YouTube on a second screen while watching TV at home.
- A content published in Bloomberg says 82% of Twitter users watchers are video content consumers.
- ThinkWithGoogle has an interesting statistics:
a) Among millennial, 18 to 49-year-olds watch YouTube in an average month.
b) Medium says, more than 200 million broadcasts have been created on Periscope.
- Based on a market survey as of June 2017 tubularinsights says, views on branded video content have increased 258% on Facebook and 99% on YouTube.
- Certain Video marketing statistics 2018 also show that – in 2017, 90% of all content shared by users on social media was video.
5. Mobile Video: the recent video marketing trend
Like previous years. 2018 will also be the big year for mobile videos. The handheld device has a powerful effect on drawing millennial consumer’s attention. Viewing video on smartphones is one of the most preferred activities of people these days. Hence, it is estimated that online videos will have a potential impact on brand marketing.
A few must know stats about video marketing that would boost video sharing on mobile are listed below:
- 90% of the world’s internet users go online via a mobile device
- Virtuetes reports 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others
- One-third of the world’s population (about 2.5 billion people)access social media services via mobile devices.
- 48% of emails are opened on a smartphone so videos should be compatible says Movable Ink.
6. Video marketing trends and Search Engine Optimization
Video marketing has a significant impact on a site’s SEO. Below are you must know stats about video marketing which will help you further to move up the search engine rankings:
Video Brewery and EyeView shares interesting b2b video marketing statistics:
- EyeView reports, including video on a landing page, can increase conversion by 80%.
- According to Video Brewery, 12% consumers purchased the specific product featured in the video ad.
- 22% visited the website named in the video ad says Video Brewery.
- KPCB reports that 74% of 2017 online traffic is video content.
- Another reliable source ‘MarketingSherpa‘ points out that video ‘attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time spent on the site and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines.’
7. Videos play a crucial role in product marketing
Video has a huge impact on product marketing as well. Since the introduction of product videos for marketing, many online retailers have reaped the benefit of using this approach. Now, every company has understood the necessity of adopting video strategy to stay ahead in the competition. Hence, marketers would continue building outstanding customer experience through this engaging and persuasive content.
Here’s a list of many tangible benefits of video marketing statistics that highlight the profit of using product videos for marketing.
- 12% of visitors will watch video on product pages. Consumers are more likely to continue browsing the site for more content.
- ThinkWithGoogle surveys show that almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store.
- According to a report publishing by DMB Adobe online shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
- Animoto states 4x as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than reading about it.
- Internet Retailer projects 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions.
- comScore and Nielsen have an interesting stats to share- adult males spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females.
Interesting B2B Video Marketing Statistics You Should Know
WordStream has many interesting facts to share – why one should opt for video marketing?
- In 2017 it’s found that Internet video traffic made up 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic.
- Research proves that viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% who spend their time directly on texts.
- It is estimated that by 2019 internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
- An average user spends about 88% more of his time on a website that has video incorporated in it.
2018 and Beyond – Video Marketing Trends
After compiling the video marketing statistics 2018, it’s appropriate to say that video would continue to stay and flourish overtime not only this year but also in the years to come. As it’s one of the most engaging ways to provide quick information about a brand, video content will increase in popularity. Companies will reach their target audience quickly and build a long-term relationship. The recent Video Marketing Trends are considered to save businesses’ marketing goals.
- Cisco puts forth a fantastic statistic; it reports that by 2020, there will be a rise to a million minutes of video per second across the internet. Cisco also adds that 82% of all consumer web traffic will be video by then.
- Live videos will be the latest trend. Take a look at the statistics.
a) It’s seen that people spend 3x longer watching live video.
b) Live videos have exponentially high engagement rate.
- Another important video trend that will continue to rise this year will be Virtual Reality (VR) Video. Stats show that:
a) According to forecast, active VR users will reach 171 million worldwide in 2018
b) Virtual Reality teamed up with Augment Reality would create ‘immersive,’ rich and interactive user experience.
- Video mapping will be on the rise this year and in the future years too. 2D and 3D projection mapping will capture the market.
What the experts predict?
When you plan to include videos in your marketing strategy, it’s quite natural to be apprehensive about its acceptance. You might not be confident enough about the matter. Therefore, to give you a clearer idea and establish the growing importance of video marketing, we’ve compiled expert views also. Do read along and take their guidance for your future venture:
- Michael Stelzner – Founder Social Media Examiner
“Video consumption has been growing exponentially and will continue its incredible growth curve in 2018. Video will play a huge role in social media marketing in 2018. Short-form video stories will become an important way for businesses to humanize their brands. Live video will help businesses develop more engaged communities. Video ads will also dominate.”
- Ben H. Rome – Multi-award winning marketing and game writer
“Video will continue to rise as a primary medium for content. With a focus on quality storytelling and short, pointed messaging, video marketing will force social media channels to further adapt their UI/UX in order to find the right balance of projected video and augmented messaging.
Video is on a razor’s edge, with the potential to simply overwhelm audiences with multi-channel noise – or enhance the audience with customized directed content at their fingertips.”
- Dom Wells – The owner of Humanproofdesigns
“Video currently plays a huge role in our marketing strategy. We’ve found that the right kind of video can pay off with huge returns. It’s clear that our audience responds well to video content. However, we’ve also found that there is such a thing as a “wrong” video that actually hurt our marketing.”
The statistics above show that video marketing strategies will become much more refined and will better connect with audiences. The year 2018 will be the year of video marketing, needless to say, this marketing strategy will continue to grow at a faster rate. The above stats are just a few of the numbers and figures collected from different online sources. You can visit the respective sites for a more detailed idea before including video in your marketing campaign.
With so many reports, stats and research, what we have in store is – Video marketing is appearing as the proven and successful approach to the online marketing campaign. If you want to take your online marketing to the next level, rely upon AnimatedVideo. With over 3,000 videos delivered, we specialize in creating stunning videos that engage better, convert prospects and boosts revenue.