Last Updated on April 13, 2022
Many big brands are taking advantage of the power of video to increase their sales. Most of these big companies have endless resources so they can create any video message they choose to in order to captivate their audience.
We found seven absorbing video campaigns from big companies that use video in a unique way to increase their engagement and sales, either directly or indirectly.
Conversion is Not Always About a Sales Pitch
Keep in mind that, to capture an audience; your video does not always have to be based on a strong direct sales pitch. Just stating your company’s ethics, in some cases, or showing how they appreciate the finer things in life, is often enough to win friends and influence people.
As you look over these seven video campaigns, consider which type of approach you can most relate to in your own business and think about how you can leverage this power yourself in your digital marketing efforts.
1. American Greetings – In this compelling but funny video, the American Greetings greeting card company launched a fake job posting that they invited several people to interview for online. Most people had no clue the job posting was fake, but some started to have suspicions as the interviewer described how they would “be on their feet 24/7 with no breaks 365 days per year.” They also stated to the interviewee that they would not be allowed to eat lunch until their immediate supervisor did. There were several raised eyebrows and a few “applicants” bailed out after hearing about the constant standing requirement. Then at the end, it was revealed that the interview was a tribute to motherhood- “the world’s toughest job.” This was a unique approach and involved no direct sales of greeting cards on the part of this well-known brand, but it increased interest in their brand immediately.
2. GoPro Cameras – In this compelling story of the traditional “fireman saves a kitten” analogy, GoPro capitalized on a very moving aspect of a fireman’s job and showed how their cameras could be used to capture more than every day events. The video has received around 30 million views since its launch date.
3. Gainsight – Gainsight created a unique video approach in this video that featured CEO’s and business leaders singing a new version of Taylor Swift’s song, “Blank Space.” The lyrics speak to B2B customers and other who need information about how to maximize their customer service and was created for the purpose of increasing enrollment in their annual Pulse conference. The wittiest part of the song is their use of the lyrics: “I’ve got a blank space, baby, and I’ll write your name.” This offers a fun approach that appeals to music lovers and allows people to feel drawn into the message through music.
4. Crazy Egg – This animated video by Crazy Egg, which specializes in a unique heatmap-type technology that allows customers to track exactly what their customer is doing, nicely illustrates what this company can do for customers in a cool custom animation.
5. Mint (app) – Mint, the well-known financial app that allows you to coordinate your financial accounts into one simple mobile app, created this fascinating and energetic, animated explainer video. The animated video explains more in this short animated video than someone could read about in an hour and illustrates the power of this mobile app to potential customers, to take control of their financial life.
6. Groupon – Groupon created this high-quality animated explainer video that uses motion graphics and cool animations to get their message across.
7. Dupont (corporate video) – This informative video encapsulated everything that Dupont Corporation stands for science, technology, and forward thinking. Using statistics and demographics, as well as engaging animations, Dupont succeeds in giving reasons why they lead the field in science and technology for the future.
Common Factors of Successful Video Campaigns
All of the video campaigns have one thing in common: they engage viewers. Using either powerful dialogue or narrations, high-energy animations, or strong concepts, each message takes their message and puts it directly in front of their audience via video.
All of these brands (and many others like them) realize the importance of getting their message to the masses in a way that is memorable, entertaining, and unique.
The Importance of Planning
One of the common denominators in their success is excellent planning. All of these companies spent an ample amount of time brainstorming and developing their idea before the create of it. They focused on the particular message they wished to convey and found a way to capture it through strong imagery and motion.
That’s what you can do too with your brand and message by creating a powerful marketing or explainer video.
Why Use Animation?
While some of the videos above that we reviewed here use real people or talking head, many of them are based on skillfully animated videos. There are times when you want to use real actors, such as the ad by GoPro when they wanted to show the real firefighter rescuing the kitten from a fire. But the beauty of animation is that you can be the world’s greatest film director with your message with no creative limits.
When you use animation, you open up a whole new world of possibilities for your brand’s message. You have a blank canvas that you can feel free to create and produce a well-crafted video that gets your message across in the best way possible.
Animated video engages audiences at a much faster rate than the ordinary talking head. The statistics show that animated explainer videos increase conversion rates by 20%. (Unbounce, 2013) That’s significant. So you know animated video works and increases sales and conversions.
Do You Really Have Time for This?
You could create an animation yourself using a preformatted type of software that allows you to create animations online or with a standalone software. But that take time. You need to learn how to use the software to your advantage and create a dynamic, engaging video that viewers will instantly respond to.
The truth is, having the tools alone is not enough to master something. That takes time and practice. And do you have the time to invest in a new animation program that will help you create a video that you hope will catch on with viewers the way that some of these award-winning brands did?
You need an expert who can help you bring this all together. You may have a great idea for a video for your company. You know your brand better than anyone. You know what you want to say. What you need is someone who can pull this all together for you. Then you can get back to the other tasks of your business.
Our advanced and professional design team AnimatedVideo.com can do this. We specialize in creating custom animated videos for brands that will capture the attention of your intended audience and help your video soar in the rankings. Contact us to find out how we can help you capitalize on the awesome power of animation and whiteboard technology to reel in your customers.
Video content and marketing is one of the most compelling components of the customer engagement process. By implementing video into your outreach and content marketing strategies, you will create a sales funnel that will never quit bringing you results, while also further gain trust from your audience.
Contact us for a free consultation. We will take it from there.
Do it now. The world is waiting to hear your message.